08 | King and Queen
Until now, the daily flood of examinations had been a temporary fix while everyone waited for the new government to set up an official trial. For many, that trial would represent hope and conclusion. For some, however, it would extract a heavy, deadly price.
SimpliSafe Home Security system is sleek and intuitive, and it’s beautifully designed to blend right in with your home. And at just $15 a month, it’s downright delightful.
Go to SimpliSafe.com/unobscured right now, and start protecting your home and family today.
Buy and print official US postage right from the comfort of your home or office, using your own computer and printer.
Visit Stamps.com today, click the microphone at the top of the home page, and enter “UNOBSCURED” to start your 4-week trial, plus postage and a digital scale…and all without long-term commitments.
- Richard Hite, In the Shadow of Salem: The Andover Witch Hunt of 1692 (Yardley, PA: Westholme Publishing 2018).
- Mary Beth Norton, In the Devil’s Snare: The Salem Witchcraft Crisis of 1692 (New York: Vintage Books, 2002).
- Bernard Rosenthal ed., Records of the Salem Witch Hunt (New York: Cambridge University Press, 2009).
- Paul Boyer and Stephen Nissenbaum, Salem Possessed: The Social Origins of Witchcraft (Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1974).
- Marilynne Roach, The Salem Witch Trials: A Day-by-Day Chronicle of a Community Under Siege (New York: Taylor Trade Publishing, 2004).
- Emerson Baker and James Kences, “Maine, Indian Land Speculation, and the Essex County Witchcraft Outbreak of 1692,” Maine History 40.3 (Fall 2001), pp. 159–189.
- Clifford Walton, History of the British Standing Army, AD 1660 to 1700 (London: Harrison and Sons, 1894).
- David Goss, The Salem Witch Trials: A Reference Guide (Westport, CT: Greenwood 2008).
- David Goss, Daily Life during the Salem Witch Trials (Santa Barbara: Greenwood 2012).
- Emerson Baker, A Storm of Witchcraft: The Salem Trials and the American Experience (New York: Oxford University Press, 2015).
- Diane E. Foulds, Death in Salem: The Private Lives behind the 1692 Witch Hunt (Guildford, CT: Globe Pequot Press, 2010).